Have you heard about the Crochet Guild of America? It is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational organization dedicated to preserving and advancing the art of crochet. CGOA’s main purpose is to educate the public about crochet, provide education and networking opportunities, and set a national standard for the quality, art and skill of crochet through creative endeavors.
CGOA is a not-for-profit organization established to:
- set an acceptable standard of work and encourage excellence in all facets of crochet
- ensure the preservation of historical crochet projects and promote future crochet design ideas
- promote the art and skill of crochet through exhibitions, continuing education, demonstrations and seminars
Membership in the Crochet Guild of America is open to all those who love crochet. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced crocheter, you are invited to join CGOA.
The above information is taken from the CGOA website. Copyright CGOA. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Benefits of CGOA Membership
In my opinion, the most important benefit of CGOA membership is the knowledge that you are supporting an organization that wants to ensure that the wonderful handcraft of crochet continues to be extended to future generations.
But if you need other reasons to join CGOA, perhaps some of the following benefits will be of interest to you:
- A free pattern e-book every year with patterns designed by CGOA board members. This e-book is available exclusively to CGOA members.
- The CGOA website at crochet.org, with special members-only area.
- Access to the members-only Yahoo group where you can talk and make friendships with crocheters from not only around the country, but around the world.
- An annual suscription to Crochet! magazine, with a special insert of our CGOA Chain Link newsletter.
- Discounts to several national websites, including Annie’s, Leisure Arts, Lion Brand, Mary Maxim, and Interweave Crochet.
- CGOA chapters that meet all across the country, giving you the chance to meet other local crocheters.
- The exclusive ability to participate in CGOA’s annual Design Competition.
- Discounted classes and event fees at our annual conference, being held this year in Manchester, NH, July
- For those interested in becoming a crochet professional, the ability to apply for associate professional status and to be assigned a crochet mentor in the area of your interest, all at no charge beyond the standard membership cost.
CGOA National Crochet Month Giveaway:
CGOA is offering a special giveaway this month to celebrate National Crochet Month and also to celebrate the fact that the CGOA Facebook page is fast approaching 30,000 fans. That’s nearly 10 times the number of members of CGOA. I know how easy it is to let things slide, so if you’ve been meaning to join CGOA, head on over to their site and fill out the membership form today!
Please visit today’s CGOA blog post for a chance to win a prize! CGOA values each and every member and fan. You can enter to win a copy of Rustic Modern Crochet or a free digital pattern of your choice from Crochetville’s digital pattern store.
[button link=”http://cgoanow.blogspot.com/2014/03/celebrating-national-crochet-month-2014.html” size=”large”]Visit Tammy’s CGOA Blog Tour Post with Giveaway[/button]
Blog Tour Schedule
Halos of Hope Hat Drive/Fundraiser
Please click the link above for information on making “On Safari” animal-themed hats for children undergoing cancer treatment.