Blog tour posts may contain affiliate links.
The Crochet Express National Crochet Month Blog Tour
Want to Chat about the Tour?
Part of the fun of taking a passenger steam train trip is talking with your fellow passengers. This year, we’re providing two locations where our passengers can get to know each other. We’d love to hear about your favorite things you’ve discovered on the tour and see photos of your current crochet projects. You’re invited to join us daily for virtual cocktails/appetizers and dinner. (We’ll be sharing links to some fabulous recipes!)
Crochetville is very proud to have STITCHES South with us today, March 16, as one of the featured crochet-friendly companies on our 2016 Designer Blog Tour in honor of National Crochet Month (NatCroMo).
Date and Location Information:
March 31 – April 3, 2016
Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center
About STITCHES South:
STITCHES South is one of a series of four knittng and crochet events that take place each year in various locations around the country. At this event, crocheters will find 3-hour in-depth classes, 1-hour informal market floor sessions, a market floor full of yarn and other goodies, fun events, and so much more! It’s definitely an event you won’t want to miss.
Let me tell you about some of the events of interest to crocheters or those who want to learn how to crochet.
One-Hour Market Floor Sessions ($25 per session):
For more details on the market floor sessions, download the Market Sessions brochure PDF.
- Learn to Crochet: Friday 10:30 to 11:30, Saturday 2:00 to 3:00
- Tunisian Crochet: Friday 3:30 to 4:30, Saturday 3:30 to 4:30
- Foundation Crochet Stitches: Saturday 10:30 to 11:30
Three-Hour Classes ($100, discounts for taking multiple classes):
- Single-crochet Entrelac with Marly Bird, Thursday 1:30 to 4:30
- Custom Crochet Socks with Rohn Strong, Friday 8:30 to 11:30
- Crochet It, Love It, Wear It! with Rohn Strong, Friday 2:00 to 5:00
- Simply Stunning Shawls with Rohn Strong, Saturday 8:30 to 11:30
- Pattern Reading for Crocheters with Stacey Trock, Saturday 8:30 to 11:30
- Mix and Match Crochet Socks with Rohn Strong, Saturday 2:00 to 5:00
Special Events priced individually:
- Thursday Market Preview, FREE to registered students:
- Friday Night Fashion Show and Dinner Banquet, $95
- Friday Night Pajama Party, FREE
- Saturday Student Banquet and Style Show, $85
The Market Floor
Obviously, the first thing you’ll want to do when you hit the Market Floor is to come by the Crochetville booth, #316/318. Our booth is always “Crochet Central” at a STITCHES event. You’ll find a lot of crochet books and patterns, Tulip and Chiao Goo crochet hooks, crochet- and fiber-themed handmade jewelry (from Paradox Art Glass) and gifts, yarn from Rain’s Obsessive Stitchery ( a local hand-dyer) and Interlacements, and a brand-new selection of Toho size 6/0 Japanese seed beads in colors to match the yarn.
After your pocketbook is a little lighter when you leave the Crochetville booth, your next step should be right next door in Booth 320, the Crochet Guild of America, where you’ll find crochet designer and former board member Tammy Hildebrand. Tammy has all sorts of exciting news to share about upcoming CGOA events.
There are too many vendors to list them all here, but here is a short list of booths you’ll want to be sure to visit:
- Artisanal Yarns
- Buffalo Wool Company
- Erin Lane Bags
- Halos of Hope
- Haus of Yarn Mobile Bus
- Newton’s Yarn Country
- Ordinary Heroes Foundation
- Pawley Studios
- Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair
Sit and Stitch
You’ll also have plenty of time to hang out with other knitters and crocheters. You’ll find people hanging out and stitching in the seating area on the Market Floor as well as in various lobby areas around the hotel.
Find STITCHES South Online:
Social Media Resource Page: knittinguniverse.com/SouthSocial
Additional Blog Tour Information: