Keep reading this post for the full review, but here are 6 simple reasons you need to take this class:
1. It’s a fabulous way to learn the basics of Tunisian crochet.
2. You’ll learn how to adjust patterns to custom-fit YOUR exact measurements.
3. You’ll learn finishing details to give your custom garment a truly couture finish.
4. You can watch the class videos as many times as you want to without limitation, for as long as the Craftsy website exists.
5. If you have any questions, you can post them right there on Craftsy and Dora herself will answer you.
6. You’ll end up with a fashionable garment that you know will fit you perfectly!
Watch the Intro Video from Craftsy
Watch the Custom-Fit Tunisian Crochet promo video from Craftsy.
How to Register for the Class
The regular price of this class is $39.99. Craftsy runs special sales from time to time. As of November 4, the class is on sale for only $19.99. I am not sure when it will return to regular price.
Click here to register for Custom-Fit Tunisian Crochet with Dora Ohrenstein.
FTC Disclosure: The link goes through an affiliate program. If you purchase this or any other Craftsy content after clicking our link, Crochetville will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. We thank you for your support.
I have purchased or been given free promotional access to a number of different Craftsy classes on crochet, weaving, and spinning. I must say that I’ve been very pleased with the content of every class I’ve taken so far. The photography is crisp and clear, and the videographers know how to focus in on what the student needs to see close-up. The instructors also have a very in-depth knowledge of their particular subject matter. This class is no exception: Dora really knows her stuff!
The class features 7 video lessons that you can watch from your laptop, tablet, iPhone, Android-based smartphone, and even a smart TV with internet access. It’s so amazing watching classes on a big-screen TV! Dora will walk you through the steps required so you’ll end up a beautiful vest custom designed to fit you perfectly.
- Tunisian Basics (stitch information)
- Tunisian Tools (hook, yarn, gauge, and Tunisian fabric info)
- Measuring for a Perfect Fit (how to measure your body and favorite sweaters)
- Adjusting the Pattern (places in the pattern you can make adjustments)
- Custom-Fit Calculations for Bust and Shoulder (figuring out how to adjust the pattern to fit you)
- Custom-Fit Considerations for Waist and Hip (more figuring out how to adjust the pattern)
- Finishing Details (blocking, seaming, edging)
You will also receive a downloadable pattern that comes complete with worksheets for making any alterations you may need.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to do Tunisian crochet, how to make a garment, or how to alter crochet patterns, this class is something you don’t want to miss!