In honor of our month-long September special event (Summer Is Slipping Away: Slip Stitch Crochet) encouraging crocheters to learn more about and experiment with the technique of slip stitch crochet, today we are featuring the fabulous Slip Tectonics Cowl by Vashti Braha.
The pattern is currently available for $3.99 on the Crochetville website.
Learn to crochet short rows with different slip stitches for a self-shaping, self-striping crocheted cowl. It’s a fun, fast, and easy technique.
Pattern includes guidelines for turning cowl into a long loop scarf and mobius-style infinity scarf.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Yarn Weight: Bulky (Size 5)
- Yarn Needed: Crystal Palace Mochi Plus (80% merino wool, 20% nylon; 95yd/87m per 1.75 oz/50g ball): 2 balls of color 554 “Fern Rainbow”
- Hook Size: K/US 10.5/6.5mm
- Sizes: One size fits most
- Gauge: 15 sl sts = 4″ (10 cm); 24 rows (12 row pairs or “ribs”) of BLOslst = 4″ (10 cm)