2016 NatCroMo Blog Tour
Invitation to Crochet Designers
NOTE: As of 9/20/15, all 93 designer spots for the March 2016 National Crochet Month Blog Tour are taken! Please keep watching this page throughout the rest of 2015, however, in case any of our participating designers need to release their spot.
Professional crochet designers, we are happy to invite you to participate in Crochetville’s fourth annual blog tour in March 2016 in honor of National Crochet Month.
In the past, we have focused exclusively on crochet designers, featuring two designers per day during March 2015. We are excited to expand the blog tour quite a bit for 2016. Every day of March 2016, the blog tour will feature individual posts promoting:
- 3 crochet designers
- 1 crochet-friendly LYS
- 1 crochet-friendly indie yarnie (yarn dyer and/or spinner)
- 1 daily giveaway
We are happy to accept both designers who have had patterns published in books and magazines as well as those who have focused exclusively on self-publishing.
Information We’ll Need from You
In early January 2016, we will provide an Information Form for you to fill out. We will ask for information such as the following, although the exact information requested may change:
- Answers to 5 or 6 questions to help crocheters get to know you better
- Photos and descriptions for up to 3 of your patterns
- Links to all the various places crocheters can find you online
- Anything special you’re offering for National Crochet Month
You will need to submit your information to us on or before January 31, 2016.
We will use the following methods to promote the blog tour:
- Social media accounts: Blog, Facebook page (nearly 260,000 fans), our Facebook groups (Daily Dose of Fiber and National Crochet Month), Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Press releases: To be sent to crochet publishers, yarn manufacturers, others in the crochet and fiber arts industry
- After the tour is over, we plan on publishing an e-book that will contain all of the blog tour posts from the Crochetville blog. Separate advertising space in the e-book may be available for a small fee for those who are interested.
- From April through December 2016, we will also be happy to promote any of your new pattern releases, for both paid and free patterns. You will be invited to a secret Facebook Group where you can let us know of patterns you’d like us to promote. When we share your new release, we ask that you share something of ours (a blog post, Facebook post, Twitter post, new Pin, etc.) in return.
We will ask you to promote your participation in the blog tour in similar ways. We will provide you with graphics and promotional templates that you can use if you wish.
- You must publish a post on your blog on your scheduled date. The topic of your post is completely up to you.
- You must include a small section that will contain several blog tour links. We will provide this information to you by February 15, 2016.
Trademark and Copyright Use Policy
We can only accept into the tour designers and companies that are making a best-faith effort to comply with trademark and copyright law in relation to any products that involve the intellectual property of a third party, such as popular characters, sports teams, and corporate logos, for example. Be sure to read our Trademark and Copyright Use Policy before applying to be part of the tour.
How to Sign Up
- Use our Sign-Up Sheet to select your featured date, selecting the link below titled “DESIGNER Sign-Up: Crochetville 2016 NatCroMo Blog Tour.” After the page refreshes, scroll down and click the “sign up” link to the right of your chosen date. When the page refreshes again, scroll down again, enter your information, and click the light blue “Sign me up” button.[sign_up_sheet].
- Please fill out and submit our Designer Information Form on or before midnight on January 31, 2016.