Crochetville is inviting crochet designers to be part of our annual NatCroMo Designer Blog Tour, happening on the Crochetville blog during March 2022. It is a month-long virtual celebration of National Crochet Month, including designer profiles and pattern showcases, free patterns, coupons, discounts, giveaways, and more. We post featured designers daily on the Crochetville blog and promote them on social media, and those designers also post about the blog tour on their blogs and/or social media.
This year’s blog tour theme is Pawprints on Our Hearts, and so our get-to-know-you feature focuses on pets! In addition to our popular Design Showcase highlighting three patterns from each participating designer, they will also tell us about their furry, feathered, or scaly friends! Designers also usually offer a NatCroMo special, like a free pattern, free-for-a-limited-time pattern, coupon, discount, giveaway, etc.
How it works:
- Designers sign up, requesting a spot on the blog tour. (Sign-up link is below.)
- Crochetville sends each designer two emails:
- An acceptance email, which includes a link to the questionnaire
- An email with a link to upload photos/images
- Designers then do the following:
- Fill out the questionnaire.
- Upload their photos/images to Crochetville’s Dropbox.
- Crochetville uses the questionnaire answers and uploaded photos/images to create a blog post featuring the designer.
- On the day the designer is featured:
- Crochetville – our featured designer blog post goes live on the Crochetville blog
- Crochetville – we make various posts on on social media to promote our blog post and the designer
- Designer – NatCroMo blog post goes live on the designer’s blog (if writing one)
- Designer – promotes the blog post / blog tour on social media
Examples from last year’s blog tour:
If you’re not familiar with our blog tour, here are three examples from last year’s blog tour when our theme was “The Crochet Concert” and our get-to-know-you feature was music as creative inspiration.
- Julie Desjardins, Featured Crochet Designer
- Agat Rottman, Featured Crochet Designer
- Jennifer E Ryan, Featured Crochet Designer
What’s on the questionnaire?
If you like, you can read everything that is on the questionnaire before signing up:
NatCroMo Designer Questions 2022
Request your spot on the blog tour:
Designers requesting a spot on the tour should have crochet patterns that are either self-published or traditionally published. Designers who would like to sign up can access the form here: NatCroMo Blog Tour 2022 Date Request.