This rotund sheep is fun to play with and simple to make. The round shape and textured bottom allow it to “sit up” without legs. Optional instructions are included to transform the sheep into an ornament or hanging decoration.
Download the free pattern on the Crochetville website here. Thanks to Marie Segares, also known as the Undergroundcrafter, for making this pattern available.
If you’ve never made a popcorn before, there is a tutorial for the hdc popcorn used in this pattern available here on the Galler Yarns blog.
Exact gauge is not critical for this project but stitches should be small so that fiber filling doesn’t show.
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn Weight: Light (Size 3)
- Yarn Needed: Galler Yarns Flore II yarn (1.75 oz/50 g/100 yds/91 m/75% Kid Mohair, 15% Wool, 10% Nylon) – 1 skein each Color 023 (Main Color) and Color 105 (Color B) (Each sheep uses approximately 100 yds in Main Color and 35 yds in Color B.)
- Hook Size: E-4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook or any size needed to obtain gauge
- Other Supplies Needed: Small amount of brown embroidery floss (or safety eyes), yarn needle, stitch marker, fiber filling
- Finished Measurements: Approximately 3.75” tall (9.5 cm) from base of body to top of head.
[button link=”http://www.crochetville.com/community/files/file/58-chubby-sheep/” size=”xl” style=”download”]Click Here to Download the FREE Chubby Sheep Pattern[/button]