I’m happy to announce the release of my new free crochet pattern, the La Fantasie Violette infinity scarf. I hope you have as much fun making and wearing this infinity scarf as I had designing it for you!
Basic Pattern Information
About the Pattern:
My inspiration for this infinity scarf was a solid rectangular knitted scarf with a similar open loop treatment only on the ends as trim. I thought an infinity scarf made entirely of the open loops would look really cool!
Skill Level: Easy
Gauge: 9 FSC and 3 sc = 2.9″
Sizes: One size
Measurements: 64″ circumference x 8″ wide
Smooth worsted weight yarn in the following approximate amounts:
Color A: variegated purple and green, 160 yds
Color B: light green, 32 yds
Color C: light purple, 32 yds
Color D: medium green, 32 yds
Color E: dark purple, 32 yds
Size US 7/4.5 mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
dc: double crochet
FSC: foundation single crochet
RS: right side
sc: single crochet
SSC: standing single crochet
WS: wrong side
FSC: The FSC is a single crochet with an actual chain stitch at the bottom of the stitch.
Instructions: Place a slip knot on hook, ch 2, insert hook in 2nd ch from hook, yarn over and pull up loop, ch 1, yarn over and draw through 2 loops [first FSC made], *insert hook through 2 loops of ch at bottom of previous FSC, yarn over and pull up loop, ch 1, yarn over and pull through 2 loops [second FSC made], repeat from * to make the number of FSC stitches required by pattern.
Standing single crochet (SSC): Place a slip knot on hook, insert hook into stitch, yarn over and pull through loop, yarn over and pull through two loops.
When first starting with this stitch, you may need to experiment with the amount of yarn you pull up to ensure your SSC is the same height as your regular sc stitches.
Please read all notes prior to starting project.
- Do not turn at ends of rounds.
- To work the first FSC after a set of 3 sc in Rounds 2-9, begin by inserting hook into the 2 vertical bars on the outer edge of the last sc made.
- Finish off and weave in ends as you complete each round.
- To make the infinity scarf longer or shorter, add or remove FSC stitches in Round 1 in multiples of 12.
- Make the scarf in any color combination of your choice. You can even make it all one color if you prefer. When working with just one color, after you join one round with a slip stitch, begin the next round by slip stitching to the 4th stitch of the next loop, ch 1, then sc in that 4th stitch (instead of the SSC as written in the pattern) and continue on with the pattern as written.
Show Off YOUR La Fantasie Violette Infinity Scarf
We would love to see pictures of your finished infinity scarf. Here are some quick and easy ways you can share your finished projects with us:
- Upload a photo to the Crochetville Facebook page.
- Upload photos of your project to the Accessories Show and Tell area of our social community message board site.
- Create a project page on Ravelry using this pattern link.