Blog tour posts may contain affiliate links.
The Crochet Express National Crochet Month Blog Tour
Want to Chat about the Tour?
Part of the fun of taking a passenger steam train trip is talking with your fellow passengers. This year, we’re providing two locations where our passengers can get to know each other. We’d love to hear about your favorite things you’ve discovered on the tour and see photos of your current crochet projects. You’re invited to join us daily for virtual cocktails/appetizers and dinner. (We’ll be sharing links to some fabulous recipes!)
[button-blue url=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/nationalcrochetmonth/” target=”_blank” position=”center”]Facebook: Click Here[/button-blue] [button-green url=”http://www.crochetville.com/community/forum/469-the-crochet-express-crochetvilles-4th-annual-blog-tour/” target=”_blank” position=”center”]Crochetville: Click Here[/button-green]
Chain Link: The Crochet Guild of America’s Annual Conference
Crochetville is very proud to have the Crochet Guild of America with us today, March 24, as one of the featured crochet companies on our 2016 Designer Blog Tour in honor of National Crochet Month (NatCroMo).
The Crochet Guild of America is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting the art of crochet.The organization is open to all those who desire to perpetuate the art and skill of crochet.
The main purpose of the Crochet Guild of America is to educate the public about crochet, provide education and networking opportunities, and set a national standard for the quality, art and skill of crochet through creative endeavors.
About Chain Link
Chain Link is the annual conference of CGOA, open to members and non-members alike (but members get some really great discounts on class fees!). If you have never been to a Chain Link conference before, you do not know what you are missing. Can you imagine being surrounded by hundreds of other crocheters who share your passion for crochet? You’ll find people crocheting in the hotel lobby; at the table at breakfast, lunch, and dinner; in every single class, at every single meeting and event. You will think you are in heaven!
You’ll be able to take classes from ten fabulous instructors. (Links to the list of classes and instructor bios can be found at the end of this post.) Five of the instructors are part of our blog tour this year; their names appear below in bold.
- Vashti Braha
- Lily Chin
- Linda Dean
- Darla Fanton
- Jenny King
- Susan Lowman
- Marty Miller
- Laurinda Reddig
- Mary Beth Temple
- Karen Whooley
What You’ll Find at Chain Link:
- More crochet classes than you’ve ever seen all at one event
- A Market Floor full of yarn, crochet hooks, patterns, accessories, and more (Be sure to stop by the Crochetville booth!)
- Demos, Make and Takes, and Book Signings (again, lots will take place in the Crochetville booth)
- CGOA Design Competition Display
- Crochet Lounge – Hang out with friends new and old
- Buddy Program – first-time attendees can be paired with a seasoned conference-goer to help you feel welcome, involved, and not overwhelmed
- Ball Winding Station
Member Meeting and Optional Gift Exchange, Thursday, July 14, 6:15-7:00 pm (FREE)
- Exclusive Shopping Preview, Thursday, July 14, 7:00-9:00 PM (FREE)
- Excellence in Crochet Celebration/Awards Evening, Friday, July 15, 6:15-7:15 (FREE)
- Designer Meet and Greet, Saturday, July 16, 10:30 am-1:30 PM (FREE)
(Show your designs to the editorial staff of several publications and some key industry decision-makers)
- Grand Finale Fashion Show and Banquet, Saturday, July 16, 7:00-9:00 PM ($$, price not published yet)
You DO NOT want to miss this event! End your conference experience with fun and style!
Find CGOA and Chain Link Online:
CGOA website: crochet.org
CGOA blog: cgoanow.blogspot.com/
CGOA Facebook Page: facebook.com/CrochetGuildOfAmerica
Additional Blog Tour Information: