18 thoughts on “Unveiling Crochetville’s New Logo”

1. Well done!
    I LOVE your new logo.
    My favorite color is purple…and I have it
    almost everywhere…in bits, here and there.
    It makes me happy.
    I am working on a mostly turquoise shawlette now. ha!
    So…great colors!

2. Beautiful. I loved reading how it was devloped. I also like that now Crochetville can be recognized by just the COOK and ball part of logo. Great color choice too.

3. I love it! I think new beginnings are so exciting and the new logo is perfect! Congrats and keep on hooking 🙂

4. I LOVE the new logo!! And thank you for enriching the meanings of everything in the logo by explaining the symbolisms of the colors and the graphic elements!

5. Looks great! So much meaning in such a small thing. I have noticed a LOT of us hookers are attracted to purple. LOL Keep up the good work. Loved Nat Cro Mo this year; I even won a book!

6. I am going to be different then everyone else. I do not get the new Logo. I understand the C and the ball of yarn, but not the squiggly things or the flower.
    Where is the hook, as it is Crochetville.
    I know you and Donna do a lot of work to keep the place going, but I just do not understand why the change.
    Just my opinion.

7. Beautiful and I love it. The representation of the colors and how they blend together came to be a perfect match. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors and I’ve worked with the stone for many years. It’s ancient representation of Friendship has always been close to my heart.
    I hope to see the change of the logo soon on the forum. 🙂

8. “embolden and empower”?? What does THAT mean, exactly?
    And this, I had to chuckle: ”
    friendliness
    happiness
    enjoyment of life
    helping open the line of communication between the heart and the spoken word
    creation of emotional balance and stability
    helping establish clear thinking and decision-making
    heightening levels of creativity and sensitivity
    enhancing empathy and caring
    helping build self-esteem and love of ourselves, enabling us to love others
    strong powers of observation and perception
    recharging the spirit during mental stress and tiredness
    ” What IS this?? Sounds like a bunch of new-agey United Nations pamphlet, or a sales pitch for a Mindfulness/Bakrim Yoga center.

Crochet is a hobby and a skill, not an “empowerment” nor does it increase empathy, or cause a “rebirth” – at least not in they way the pompous writer of this nonsense believes.

Sorry, the “old” logo was not only more modern looking, it is prettier and less goofball!!

Please, trash the woo-woo outer space stuff elsewhere…. ps I am not the only one laughing at this “unveiling” in this house, I’m just the only one who will take my precious time out to comment.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the logo. We don’t expect everyone to love our new logo as much as we do. Just to clarify, the lists of color meanings are from the field of color psychology. We didn’t invent these interpretations. As far as embolden and empower, in today’s world, too many people feel beaten down by the cares and stresses of life. We want to help them use their crochet to create something positive in their lives and in the lives of others.

• I think it’s beautiful, and love not only the logo, but the story behind it. Crochet, as with any other art form, SHOULD embolden and empower (as well as enrich) its artists and community. Rock on!!

9. The new logo looks great and can’t wait to see on the the site. It has wonderful meaning behind the colors and I love how you took such special care with the design.