Over the past few months, we have been busy behind the scenes working on our vision for Crochetville. As part of that vision, we have a new logo, which we are very excited to reveal today! The elements and colors in our new logo reflect many aspects of what crochet means to us and the beauty and benefits of crochet that we enjoy sharing with you. Before we talk about that, let’s say a fond farewell to our old logo:
Donna created this logo back in 2004, when Crochetville was just a very small crochet message board hosted on a free platform, with a team of volunteer admins and moderators. The logo has served us well for the past 12 years. We, as well as many of you, have a very sentimental attachment to the blue crochet background and our crochet hook along with our name in the squiggly font.
For a long time, we’ve wanted to make a change to a professionally-designed logo that conveys what we see as the “heart and soul” of Crochetville. We finally decided that 2016 is the year to make that happen! We’ve spent the past several months refining our vision of Crochetville and working with a graphic design company to come up with a logo that really reflects that vision.
So now, with much excitement, we introduce you to our new logo:
We completed a questionnaire designed to help our graphic design team understand our vision and goals for Crochetville. We believe they created a winner: a logo that reflects what Crochetville is all about, through both the symbolism inherent in the graphic elements and the choice of colors. We decided to give our design team free reign to select colors they believed would provide the best representation of our vision. Purple and teal are favorite colors for both of us, so we were very excited to receive a concept featuring those colors! (You should see the amount of stash yarn each of us has in various shades of purple and teal!)
In 2013, we created a tagline that we believe very strongly reflects our vision for what Crochetville should do: help you enrich your life through crochet. Crochet enriches our lives in so many ways:
- We can express our innate creativity through our pattern, yarn, and color choices, and even by creating our own designs.
- We can express our love for special people in our lives by crocheting gifts.
- We can help make the world a better place by crocheting for all sorts of different charities.
- We can show support, compassion, and love to victims of disasters or tragedies by crocheting for them.
- We can make money to support ourselves and our families by selling crocheted items or patterns, blogging, or doing other things in the crochet industry.
- We can crochet garments that make us look and feel fabulous.
- We can improve our physical, emotional, and mental health through crochet, as proven by many scientific studies.
Combine any or all of these things, and it’s easy to see how much crochet really does enrich our daily lives.
Crochetville is here to help embolden and empower each of you to realize just how special you truly are. We want to inspire you to try new crochet techniques. We want to get you excited about new patterns and yarns that you can use to enrich the lives of those around you. We want you to tell us about all the good things that crochet has brought to your life. We want you to recognize that your crochet can help you lead a life that is bold, beautiful, blissful, and brilliant!
The real world is full of strife and difficulties. Crochetville is our safe place where we can all come to escape those harsh realities and focus instead on things that will uplift us all. Over the years, we have developed a virtual family of crocheters. If you need support and encouragement as you face life’s difficulties, post on our forum or in our Facebook group, where you’ll find many other loving, caring crocheters who will lend a listening ear. If you just need someone to appreciate the work and effort behind your crochet creations, post a picture or tell your story: We’d love to share in the joy of your accomplishments.
So that’s our vision for how we want Crochetville to help you enrich your life through crochet. If you’d like to know more about how the graphic elements and colors in our logo reflect that vision, keep on reading.
Symbolism of Colors
The colors purple and violet represent:
- royalty (Amy even wears a crown in our vendor booth at shows as a conversation starter!)
- bravery (You have to be brave to moderate a Bates vs Boye crochet hook debate!)
- soothing (The repetitive motion of crochet is so relaxing.)
- imagination (We all use imagination when picturing how a pattern will look when made in a different color.)
- balance between body and soul
- balance between physical and spiritual energy
- harmony of mind and emotions
- encouragement of creative pursuits
- magic and mystery
The color turquoise represents:
- enjoyment of life
- helping open the line of communication between the heart and the spoken word
- creation of emotional balance and stability
- helping establish clear thinking and decision-making
- heightening levels of creativity and sensitivity
- enhancing empathy and caring
- helping build self-esteem and love of ourselves, enabling us to love others
- strong powers of observation and perception
- recharging the spirit during mental stress and tiredness
Symbolism of Graphic Elements
The large C is actually a crochet hook, reflecting our focus on crochet.
The interior space of the C is a ball of yarn or thread.
The lacy tendrils represent the outpouring of spiritual and emotional energy.
There are many meanings associated with the lotus flower:
- growth of the soul from materialism to enlightenment
- breaking free from burdens
Tell Us What You Think
We’d love to hear your thoughts about our new logo. Please leave a comment for us.